These properties are related to registered SFTP servers. You can access them from the data source pane.
Dialog items description:
- Server address - Specifies the Internet address of the server.
- User - User name used in the login sequence.
- Password - Password used in the login sequence (enabled only if the password authentication has been selected).
- Private key - Private key used for the authentication. The file format has to be OpenSSH compatible (you can use the free PuttyGen utility to convert existing private keys from the PUTTY format).
- Private key password - The private key can be optionally protected by a password.
- Aggressive transfer - The specification of the SFTP protocol sends a data packet prior to the confirmation that the previous one was received. These options are useful when communicating with a server which does not implement this feature properly. Turning these options off causes BitKinex to wait for a packet confirmation before sending the next one.
- Ciphers/Compression - Select the encryption and compression algorithms used by the SSH session.
- Preserve file update times - Turn this option on if you wish to preserve file update times by all transfers running on this data source.
- Use Unicode (UTF8) encoding - This option enables or disables the usage of Unicode-compatible character sets on servers supporting this standard.
- Resolve symbolic links - BitKinex will try to resolve symbolic links by sending additional commands to the server.
- Timeout settings - These values specify the most important timeout values used during the communication with an SFTP server. Changing these values can result in serious communication problems and it is therefore recommended that users adjust the settings for slow connections only.
- Buffer sizes - Change these settings to set the sizes of internal buffers used by the low-level (TCP/IP) protocol layer. Low values will slow down the transfer speeds. High values can lead to memory allocation problems.
- Preferred IP protocol - Select the protocol version BitKinex should use to connect to the server.